Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Home Sweet Home


Who is this homeless man? This is what happens to men when they're left too long alone: scary facial hair. But I warned Joe, if you want some lovin' when you get home, no scratchy face.


As you can see, my man loves me more than his facial hair, although it was a bit of a quandary for him. In the end, he made the right decision. It's good to have my husband back.

Well, we survived the plane ride, and now it's me and the kids again while Joe does his second band camp of the summer. It is a challenge coming back to reality, when I'm used to a helping hand at all times. Elliot crawling = Dottie's worst personality traits. She's possessive to the max, mean-spirited, and in baby mode (for attention). So I need to come up with creative bribes to make her be nice to her brother. For example, here are Dottie's Little Mermaid fingernails, which she received for letting mommy nurse Elliot in peace (she normally pinches him, shoves her face in his face, you name it):


Reunion with Aunt Mimi: Emily let me and Joe go on a date yesterday to The Dark Knight while she watched the kids.



Random pictures of lunch today. Elliot is trying out a sippy cup for the first time. He doesn't really get how to use it, but he likes to gnaw on it for teething purposes. Dottie didn't eat her sandwich. Guess what she's having for dinner tonight?

5 comments:

Bryan said...

SHARKA!!! your children look so cute my sister!! tell joe i'm ashamed, but i guess it's you and dad's opinions that matter more. (carolyn made me leave a comment)

Bryan said...

Hey Sister.[ shoulder rub]>(buster)
I miss you so much!!!! Tell Joe if he wants a pinch on the bum when I see him, then he better not grow facial hair again. (It depends what he wants, no pinch, or pinch)
Baby looks great with his big boy cup. See ya soon!

Unknown said...

Yeah! I love this huge onslaught of posts I get to read when I come home. I am home now from my sisters. I will try to post pictures of her new baby boy, Emeric. You will love him. Hey-- have you talked to Morgan today?

Heather said...

Elliot looks adorable in that picture with the boppy. I love his big, blue eyes. I'm glad I'm not the only one who has a monster-child when I'm trying to nurse the baby...feeding Ezra always brings out the worst in Max.

Unknown said...

This is from Liam:

Hi Dottie. I don't know. Have fun with piano. I'm not thinking about it.