For about two weeks now we have been lucky to have Grandma Hansen staying with us. This circumstances of her coming were not ideal; she found out from her eye doctor that her retina was detaching, so she made the trip from Gunnison so she could get laser surgery from a specialist here in Colorado Springs.
To keep the retina in place, the doctor inserted a gas bubble. It has gradually absorbed back into her blood stream, but Grandma was unable to travel home as long as the gas bubble was there because a change in elevation could cause the gas bubble to expand, which could make her go blind.
So although it's been hard for her (she's a professor and she had to cancel classes), we've had a really good time with Grandma Hansen. We have a lot of pictures from her visit, with several from various playgrounds:



To keep the retina in place, the doctor inserted a gas bubble. It has gradually absorbed back into her blood stream, but Grandma was unable to travel home as long as the gas bubble was there because a change in elevation could cause the gas bubble to expand, which could make her go blind.
So although it's been hard for her (she's a professor and she had to cancel classes), we've had a really good time with Grandma Hansen. We have a lot of pictures from her visit, with several from various playgrounds:
Grandma also got to be here for Joe's birthday, which was really fun. We went to the temple on Saturday morning and Em and Craig watched the kids. They took them to a carnival that was put on by a business group that Craig's a part of. Dottie loved it! She got a flower "tattoo" (it's really just a stick on).
Later on, Em and Craig drove down and we had lunch with them and Grandma at Red Lobster, followed by cake at our house.
And these are some other random photos of the family. Joe and Elliot were wearing practically the same shirt, so I had to take a picture.
3 comments:
Oh, I love the pictures. I wish I could be stuck there for 2 weeks. I especially like the last one of Dottie and the picture of the matching Joe and Elliot. They are all so adorable.
How fun! It looks like you had a great time with grandma. I am sure Dottie was in heaven
mmmmmmmmm I love Disney panties, I do appreciate it when a mum takes the trouble to put her princess in sexy panties for me to take off before I molesther
Post a Comment