Thursday, August 20, 2009

Joe? Is that really you?

Joe wanted me to share with you the extraordinary transformation that is occurring in his life right now. My mild-mannered husband is becoming a "G.I. Joe": tough, buff, and ready for action. I really never envisioned him in fatigues until now.



That's right, climbing a log. I wish I could comment more on what's happening here, but I just don't know. I imagine it's in case there's a natural disaster and you're trying to save a village, and there's logs everywhere.


This is Joe with his flight, a group of 15 individuals, with whom he undergoes the training.

Joe, ironing? The military really is changing him. They undergo cleaning inspections. If you fail, demerits ensue. Part of the cleaning inspections is having your clothes perfectly ironed. If there's a wrinkle in that shirt, watch out.

I miss you, Joe! As for the rest of us, we are still on vacation. We're currently visiting my sister in Colorado. My camera is busted, so when I get home, I'll try to chronicle our visit with my mom's camera.

9 comments:

Morgan said...

Haha! So cool - Joe all dressed up like a solider. Lovein' it!

Morgan said...

Oh and btw, it was SO good to spend some time with you when you were here! Love you lots!

Unknown said...

Oh! I just adore Joe. He makes a very cute "GI Joe". Har har, aren't I so clever? Kidding. Not clever at all :(

Amanda+Jonathan said...

I'm proud of Joe. He looks good in fatigues. When he gets home make him do push ups while you, dottie, and eliot, sit on his back

FeistyHistoryGal said...

WOW!

ronelle and steven said...

Oh goodness I laughed really hard at your comment about climbing over logs.

Roberta said...

Great photos! Thanks for sharing! I'll show them to Rob! All of you are in our thoughts and prayers!

Helynne said...

Hi Charlotte:
Thanks so much for the military pictures. Joey sent us two of them, but not the other three, and they're great! Hope the blessing of Emily's baby went well. Have a safe trip back to Towanda. There will be a package waiting there for you from us. We'll be in touch!
Lots of love,
Lynne and Laurie

Joe said...

Just because I'm too lazy to iron doesn't mean I never iron.
Miss you guys!