Speaking of nicknames, I call Dottie "Dottalotter, my daughter" on occasion. I can't believe my little girl is five. Five is so old. It means she's going to start school, officially, in the fall. It means she's going to sit in a classroom, all day long, apart from me. I'm not quite sure how I feel about this. I may cry profusely when the day comes that I send her off, bookbag in tote, to face the cold cruel world of the institution known as education.But that's still several months away. So I should revel in the achievements of my daughter. She is very independent. She gets herself dressed, writes her name, reads, uses big words like "supercalifragilisticexpialidocious," and is great at acting like a fairy (she says when she becomes 11 (her favorite number), she will actually become one).
For her special day, we kept it simple. I am really enjoying this concept of the simple birthday. We hosted one friend on our special day. One. It was so nice to not have a million children clamoring in my ears.
So on Dottie's special day, she decided she wanted to go to the zoo and the Olive Garden with her little friend. I know, the Olive Garden. My kid is sophisticated. And that's okay with me. I'd rather eat pasta than hot dogs any day.
Dottie was traumatized last time we saw the goats, but Faith cured her of that fear. Dottie just needed a little Faith. Ha ha.










10 comments:
That cake was beutiful and so deserving for such a wonderful daughter. I got emotional for some reason when reading this post. I guess that I just could feel the love that you have for your Dottie. She is lucky to have you. Happy Birthday Dottie.
OHHHHH! I love my Court Court! Dottie, don't grow up! I love you too much. Stay young and funny. I'm so glad you had a wonderful birthday. Char, you are quite the baker!
Lurv you!
Happy Birthday Dottie! I remember when you were pregnant with her. Doesn't seem like it was 5 years ago.
That is one spectacular birthday cake! Very impressive. We bet it tasted good, too.
Lynne and Laurie
Happy, Happy Birthday Dottie! Looks like you had a magical birthday! Hugs and Love!
I totally know how you feel when it comes to sending Dottie off to school. Kairi also starts Kindergarten in the fall and I am kind of nervous. She has been in a early childhood education program the last year and a half but there were also a lot of aides there to help out. In Kindergarten it is just the teacher. I try not to think about it too much though. I wish she was just stay this age and not have to leave me either.
That cake is pretty impressive, Charlotte. I'm glad that Dottie is trying to conquer her fear of animals. I liked all the pictures of the kids being butterflies. I'm excited to see them again soon!
Charlotte! The photos of the butterfly wings (faries) reminded me of the book series Fablehaven! Have you read them yet?(LDS author in Salt Lake) Rob is reading them and at the end of the first book someone alot like Dottie becomes a Fairy! (I'm going to read the series in the Fall...Twilight is finally next in line) Love and hugs to all!
Maybe that little girl can help me get over being freaked out by the goats.
Happy birthday Dottie! You will be surprised how much you will both enjoy her being five and being at school... ;0)
Cute cake and happy birthday to Dottie! I can't believe she has to go to school this year. Wow. She still seems so young, but it's wonderful too. Miss you guys!
Post a Comment