Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Tips of the Week

I could claim these tips as my own, but that would be a lie.

Tip #1, from my mother: Ivory dish soap gets out breast milk poop stains. You know, the bright yellow stuff. It works like a charm, every time. Little to no scrubbing needed.

Tip #2, stolen from the internet: Your regular shampoo will remove most grease stains on clothes. That is, if you put it on before you put it through the wash. If you've accidentally dried the grease stain on, try Goo Gone. That works sometimes as well.

Tip #3, stolen from Amanda: Amazon has a new program called Amazon Mom. Sign up and you can have cheap diapers delivered to your house with free shipping! I'm having Huggies brought to our house for only 15 cents a diaper. And I don't have to go to the store for diapers, ever again. You also sign up for a regular delivery schedule that can be changed to accommodate your needs.

That's it from me. Also, I'm happier this week. Miss Ruby likes the swing.

9 comments:

Amanda+Jonathan said...

Nice Tips! I'm going to use them all!

Carolyn said...

I've heard the first two tips before. They're good ones! I know I'm not a mom yet, but sign me up for those diapers!

Mary said...

I hate to burst any bubbles, but while Ivory Dish Soap worked on some, it did not work on all of Jory's breast milk poop stains. Maybe I don't scrub enough?

gardeniagirl said...

MareBear: Sorry the Ivory didn't work? I'm not sure why? Were the stains really old? Like any stains, it requires extra work if they've been there for awhile. Did you use lots of water to rinse off the soap? Did you scrub hard with a scrubbing brush of some sort? Besides this, I don't know what to tell you. It's worked for me every time.

Morgan said...

Cool tip-a-roos Chark! Thanks!

Unknown said...

ssYes! I do Amazon Mom and get my diapers that way too. Cheap and easy. I will try the ivory soap! I use Oxyclean but I believe Ivory is cheaper, yeah?

gardeniagirl said...

Update: I did have a hard time getting a stain out the other day with Ivory. But I think it was because my husband soaked the stain in cold water first. It has to be hot water. I think the cold water made the stain set. So only use hot water. And use the Ivory liberally.

Unknown said...

i miss you. muah.

Roberta said...

Wow! where were the tips when I needed them! The diapers hint was great! Hugs and love to all!