Monday, May 02, 2011

We're still here, just moving. Oh, and thrush, of course, our new family member

Some optional lyrics that Elliot made up to "Arruba, Jamaica:" "Arruba, Jamaica, ooh I wanna take you to the playground." So here we are, at the playground:



These are the only pictures I've had the time or energy to take in the past while. I don't think I've mentioned, but we're moving this weekend! To a brand new house that's twice the size of this one! So I've been busy packing, and fighting thrush.

Yes, my nemesis. So I basically told two doctors this morning exactly how I wanted to be treated. The first doctor, atWilford Hall Pediatrics, was unsympathetic and once again tried to say that my child didn't have thrush. That's when I started crying, and she asked me if I wanted a second opinion, and I said, "Yes." So in came another doctor, and she convinced the other one to treat Ruby, at least, for thrush. They still wouldn't treat me, despite my crying.

So I called an urgent care doctor that I recently saw, and I convinced him to treat me for a week. Ah... yes. I think there might be light at the end of the thrush tunnel.

So the moral of the story? Don't get thrush. And if you do, skip Wilford Hall Pediatrics all together.

But I'm getting a new house! That's what I have to look forward to, right?

6 comments:

Dolores Weed said...

I'm so sorry you have to go through these trials, but you're getting a new house! Woo-hoo! I love the pictures of my lovies!

Anonymous said...

Oh Charlotte I wish I could come and help you for a couple of days. I know how stressful the moving can be but you have the kids, a baby and THRUSH!! That's a lot going on. Hopefully Mother's Day coming up will get you some much deserved rest. Love you and miss you.

Gregorio Carlo said...

Mi dispiace (I'm sorry), Carlotta. But things are looking up for the family moving to better housing.
Elliot and Dottie are looking well.

Tabitha said...

that is one cool playground! I can see why Elliot likes it so much. That's awesome you're getting a new house though! I wish we could be there to help you guys move! And what a nasty nemesis that thrush! so sorry, it sounds miserable...but hopefully it will be over soon! We will keep you all in our prayers. Love you all!

Morgan said...

Charlotte! I had no idea you guys were moving into a larger place! That is SO exciting!!!

Sorry you're having so much trouble with the thrush - dumb drs drive me wacko.

Love Elliot's rendition of the song. :) Your kids are so cute.

Roberta said...

Charlotte! Happy Mom day this coming week-end! The new home sounds fantastic! Hugs and love to all!