Monday, December 12, 2011

Gingerbread Houses!

Still having problems with the blog. I think it must be my blogger account, because I'm posting on a different computer. If you have suggestions to solve my problem, let me know.

Anyway. I started doing Joy School with my friend Anya and our little boys, Michael and Elliot. After the first week, Michael started calling it "Boy School." It's great having these two little rambunctious guys once a week to play with!

This week, we made Gingerbread Houses out of graham crackers. They turned out pretty well! Then, the boys demolished them. When Dottie got home from school, we made REAL gingerbread houses with Michael's sisters, Dottie's BFFs.

I'm glad I've started this tradition that we used to do growing up. My mom kept the gingerbread house in a safe place and then let us go at it after Christmas. So I am also preserving the house until Christmas. Feliz Navidad!



4 comments:

Carolyn said...

I love these kids' smiles!!!! They crack me up! Mmmmm....I want a gingerbread house to snack on right now...

Dolores Weed said...

So cute! I love their gingerbread houses. Can't wait to see those babies! Dottie can sing that famous song, "All I Want for Christmas is My Two Front Teeth!"

Unknown said...

Those are the most well made gingerbread houses by kids I've ever seen. Good job kids! And good job to you for starting joy school again. You are such a good mommy, Char.

Roberta said...

So cute! Merry Christmas to all of you! Love the carrying on of family traditions!