Hi. I'm still alive. Typing is still quite the challenge.My fingers in my right hand don't want to work independently. I tried a speech recognition program, but every time I said "phone," "home," or "fun," it would take me to the home page on my browser, deleting everything I had just said. I guess that's a sign I should train myself, as painstaking as it may be, to type again. I need to do the same with the piano. So, if you've been trying to chat with me on the computer, and I've been ignoring you, this is why. Call me instead.
Woo.I need to start being more concise. My mom left over a week ago, Amanda's here, my BFF's are coming for a few days, and Carrie's coming until the beginning of June.I am still in physical and occupational therapy for one more week. Mid-May, I start radiation treatments to hopefully zap what's left of the tumor. That'll be 5 times a week for 5.5 weeks. Joe has the first two weeks of June off, so that leaves about a week
and a half where it will be slightly hairy. Luckily, I have good friends
here who are more than willing to help and take care of me and my
family.
Yeah, pretty intense. What else can you say about radiation? The side effects sound minimal, although there is a chance for more neurological problems. But I don't think that'll happen.
I will say this about my experiences this month.
This may very well be the hardest thing I have ever experienced. Yet, I feel so blessed. I daily record in my journal the miracles that have occurred in my life. I am amazed at my body and how quickly it can heal. I am so grateful for the capacity I have to take care of my children, since I couldn't for a time and still can't do everything. I feel so blessed to be where I am right now, to have the help I've had. Thank you, my friends, even though most of you don't read my blog. And thank you, Mom and Dad. I still cry when I think about all you have done for me; I don't know what I would do without you. This life is precious. You may think you know that, but for me it took a rather intense trial to realize what I have.
Sorry no pictures. I can't help it. Someday I'll start taking pictures again.
10 comments:
Charlotte, our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family always! Hugs and love!
I cried just reading your blog post. I pretty much cry at least once a day ever since this happened, but I, too, am very grateful for how well you have recovered and know the Lord will bless you further in your recovery. We all love you and your sweet family so much!!
Hi Charlotte:
We're still praying for you, Joey, and the darling children. Best of luck with the radiation treatments. I'm sure they're be just what you need to get you back in perfect shape. Keep working on that therapy. I have a friend who is a nurse and she says it seems like neuro challenges take forever to recover from, but everything eventually comes back.
We love you!
Lynne and Laurie
How much we love you, dear Charlotte. The Lord has blessed you and for that we are grateful. We feel blessed to have you and your family as part of our eternal family.
Love, Dad.
Charky, I'm excited to come and help you. You are a wonderful example of having faith and enduring. I have faith that you will rise above this. Love you!!!!
Charlotte,
I think of you often. I'm glad to hear you are recovering well. I hope the rest of your treatments will continue to be helpful and I'm so glad you have so much love and support!!!
Love,
Kristen
Love you Charky! I've been thinking of you lots and praying for your full recovery. You're an amazing lady!
We're still praying for you and your family. Thank for the update...and thanks to your dad who emails my dad who emails me:)
Charlotte, hang in there--you will do just great!-Alisha (tengelsen) swinton
you are a strong woman, Charlotte! We love you and think/pray for you everyday.
Post a Comment