Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Bizarre fruits and things


 Get ready for a photo dump of pictures from my camera.  I'm so used to my mom's camera, I rarely take pictures on my own camera.  This is what I've found:

This was from when we went to The Tanglewood.  This is Dottie and a bee colony.

The wind was blowing us away!

Grandma and the kids on a pretty bridge at the Tanglewood.



Did I mention my little man has joined baseball? There's a pretty intense game schedule, with 15 games in 6 weeks.  So far, he's had two games, but has yet to play in one.  The first game we were out of town, the second game was canceled today because of rain.  My little guy sure is adorable, even if he is one of the smaller and less experienced players.  We're working hard on teaching him the basics of the game.

Easter! This year, Jared and Tabitha joined us!  I was so excited they came, and so was everyone else!  We had an egg hunt Saturday morning.  As you can see, Ruby had her sass on. 



You're never too old to find eggs stuffed with candy hidden in bushes.



Hands on hips is a favorite pose of Rube.

There were a few meltdowns.  Don't feel too bad, she got more candy than anyone else. 

Did I mention Ruby LOVES dance class? She asks several times a day, "Mom, can I go to dance today?" She got to try on her costume for the performance the other day at class.  Let's hope I make it to the recital...it's 4 days before my due date.

Elliot is my grocery store buddy.  I take him to the store while Ruby naps and while Dottie...should be reading.  Instead of asking for a snack, he's been asking for the bizarre fruits the store has to offer.  We started off with pomegranate.  This week, he opted for a fruit called Kiwano Melon from Africa.


The outside is hard and spiky.

The inside is filled with seeds that are like cucumber seeds surrounded by a bright green gel. It kind of taste like a mix of cucumber and kiwi.  Interesting, but I can see why it's not flying off the shelves at the store.

And I don't know if I've posted this picture before, but all three kids cuddling? It's a must-post.

3 comments:

Gregorio Carlo said...

Very nice pictures. Ruby 's dance outfit matches up well with her demeanor.

Roberta said...

What great photos, and memories you will all have to share!

Joe said...

Thanks for posting, sweet wife. Love that family back there. Passing the half-way point this week! All down hill from here until I'm back! Love you all,
Joe