Friday, April 04, 2008

Dottie Triumphant



So I'm doing something pretty much unheard of for me: posting two days in a row. The kids are being good, my house is clean, and I have something relatively exciting (for me, anyway) to report. Dottie has finished her course in potty training: she wore her panties to bed for the first time last night. Now to those of you without kids, this may not seem that exciting, but believe me, it's a landmark in her young life. Potty training during the day is quite different from potty training at night. She was afraid of me not taking her to the potty when she had to go at night. Well, we had a little heart-to-heart yesterday, and I convinced her that I would take her to the potty, no matter what. When I put her in her jammies, she told me she didn't want to wear her diaper anymore: she was ready to wear the panties. So here is a photo of her this morning, after a night of being diaper-free.

Elliots big accomplishment for the day was holding a rattle. It's the first time we've tried, and he loved it. He cried when he dropped it. Right now, it's no longer in his hand, but around his wrist, but he is as happy as a clam shaking his little toy.

4 comments:

Helynne said...

Charlotte!
I just got my gmail account (thanks to Mary's advice), so now I can finally thank you for all of the postings and pictures. We copy them, print them, enlarge them, love them! We like your new haircut, and love the latest pictures of Dottie and Elliot. Keep 'em coming! Lots of love,
Lynne and Laurie

Carolyn said...

Oh my Goodness! They are so CUTE!!!! Congratulations to the big girl! and to the wedo boy.Elliot reminds me of Byan in his baby pictures.

Mary said...

Ha ha! So Dottie is becoming an official potty trained girl! [que "Pomp and Circumstance" melody] What an accomplishment! And Elliot is adorable with his rattle. So cute.

Bryan said...

i'm so happy for dottie! haha she looks like a kid model in that picture.. and yes.. elliot does look a bit like me as a baby. he's destined for greatness.