Monday, July 14, 2008

Welcome Home, J-man

Today's the last day in Pennsylvania. I'm very sad. I've really enjoyed being with my family and having a helping hand at all times (thanks to Carrie and my mom, especially, although I occassionally received help from the males of my family as well). Tomorrow is the seven hour flying ordeal with my teething, crawling (yes, it's official) baby, and my very wiggly 3-year-old. Wish me luck, I'll need it.
As promised, here are the pictures of Jared's triumphant return. He's still the same silly boy I know and love. Although he does have a certain maturity about him now. We still laugh at the same stupid things (pinching each other's bums, cracking up during family prayer, body humor in general). It's good to have my brother back. Here are pictures of his return at the airport:


Dottie was very excited to see Jareg. She talked about him non-stop before he came. But when he arrived, she was painfully shy. She clung to me and my mom and would not let go. She buried her face in my shoulder and wouldn't even look at him. The next morning was the same, but then she decided he wasn't a stranger any more. Now she's always asking what he's doing if he isn't in the room with us.
This is Dottie waiting for Jareg when he was getting released by the stake president.

On Friday, we went to the Hill Cumorah Pageant, our favorite thing to do with the family during the summer. And yes, Elliot is finishing eating in this picture. I nursed him basically for the whole pageant to keep him happy and not crying. He's been pretty miserable since his two bottom teeth have been breaking through. Dottie slept through the whole pageant, even though she was eagerly anticipating seeing the "Jesus Show."

Dottie has found a new love for fruit roll-ups since Grandma Weed first introduced them to her. I've never bought her fruit roll-ups before, but it's become her new favorite snack. She shoves the whole roll in her mouth at once, and she calls them "cute roll-ups." Bryan thought that was so funny, that he's started rolling her up in sheets and telling her that she's a "cute roll-up" too. So here's our little cute roll-up.

Last night, our friends the Feathers came by to bid me farewell. They brought a dancing Elmo in a chicken costume for Dottie, but she was unfortunately (or rather, fortunately, for me) asleep. She fell asleep at 6 last night. Elliot got first dibs on the new toy, as you can see. He was having a hard time deciding whether it was fun or scary. He vacillated between laughing and crying when it would dance. I think this whole teething thing has made him more bipolar than usual.

I just want say thanks again to my family for the wonderful time at home. I'll truly miss them. I wish they lived with me or closer to me :( But I am excited to see my Josey again. I've missed him so much, as have Dottie and Elliot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's great that your family is all back together again! I hope that your flight went well. Love the pictures!