Monday, November 17, 2008

Where's my baby?

A tragic thing happened on Friday afternoon: I cut Elliot's hair. Yes, in a moment of frenzy, a moment of pure stupidity, I cut my baby's hair. He was in the bath, I was washing his hair, and I couldn't deal with the bangs in the eyes, the fringe creeping around the ears, a moment longer. I got a pair of very dull scissors, and right there in the bath, attempted to trim the mange.
It was a very bad idea. I was going to take a picture to show you, but I'm too embarrassed. When Joe got home, he just laughed at me. We unfortunately had to go to dinner at someone's house just as Joe arrived home, so we didn't get a chance to repair the damage right then. My friends were kindly sympathetic; they assured me they had done similar things to their own children.

Saturday morning, we got out the clippers, and Joe and I repaired the hair. Did I mention how wiggly Elliot is? I definitely shouldn't have attempted anything on my own. Trimming his hair was like trying to ride a mechanical bull; you think you've got it, but 10 seconds later, you fall off.

Now that his hair is short, I can't believe how different he looks! Hence the title, "Where's my baby?" He's getting to be a grown-up toddler. And I know with the buzz his hair will just get thicker and thicker. Is this the death of his infancy?




And the token Dottie pictures. I can't take a picture of Elliot without her wanting me to take one of her. Plus, this is such a scary picture, I had to share. This is her attempt at the camera smile.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

WOW Elliot really looks like a toddler now. Sigh, I don't want our babies to grow up!

Mary said...

Wow, Elliot looks ready to enlist!

Gregorio Carlo said...

Elliot's smile outshines any bad hair day.

Edwards Fam said...

It really is hard to cut little boys hair. I, like you, have been so annoyed and just taken matters into my own hands. Just when you think you've done an ok job, you try to fix one more little section, and you mess it all up. So frustrating. His hair does make him look grown up, but oh so cute:)