This move has been hard on Dottie. She gave up a lot when we moved from Colorado. She lost her friends, her Aunt Mimi, her house.
When you move, it takes awhile to get a sense of being again. I feel it, definitely. And my little sensitive, emotional girl has struggled.
So, I'm happy to say I think she's finally made a really good, true friend. A friend that can come over and play whenever she wants. A sweet girl with the same temperament as my Dottie. I also really like her mom. And they live in our neighborhood, so we're lucky enough to see them often.
Dottie's happy, so I'm happy. I'm grateful for the signs of "settling in."
When you move, it takes awhile to get a sense of being again. I feel it, definitely. And my little sensitive, emotional girl has struggled.
So, I'm happy to say I think she's finally made a really good, true friend. A friend that can come over and play whenever she wants. A sweet girl with the same temperament as my Dottie. I also really like her mom. And they live in our neighborhood, so we're lucky enough to see them often.
Dottie's happy, so I'm happy. I'm grateful for the signs of "settling in."

5 comments:
I'm glad she found a friend. That makes me happy too.
First of all, I can't believe how beautiful Dottie is- she becomes more and more so every day! Moving is hard, poor girl. I'm so so grateful she has a sweet little friend!
Oh Char! I am so happy for the both of you! You need a friend who can come over anytime and just "be". So does Dottie. She is a girl's girl, just like you.
Also, I've been meaning to tell you, I am afraid Isla is going to become one of those girls who only gets along with boys and can't relate to other girls (I don't really trust those ones...). She is always playing with Liam, and she is the only girl in her nursery class. She is rough and brash, just like a boy, and doesn't gravitate towards other girls when we're in a bigger group. I hope this changes, because I think girl's girls are happier.
Soooooooooo happy everybody is settling in and Dottie has a new BFF!! We have a foot on snow here!
Post a Comment