Dottie has started to read.
We got these books, "BOB Books," from her K-4 book order. It's a box set of 12 books, going from very easy to slightly advanced. They're all pretty basic. But I don't think I've ever seen Dottie so excited before. The first night we had the books, she cried when she had to stop reading because it was bedtime.
Above, she is holding her favorite of the series, The Big Hat. It features a cat sitting on a hat, and then a dog comes and sits on the cat and the hat. She loves that part. She got the slap-stick humor from the Hansen side.
2 comments:
Hi Charlotte:
We're so excited to hear that Dottie is a great reader! (Just like her mom). Incidentally, did I tell you I pitched your gift book of Peace Like a River for my book club and we're discussing it on May 19? We're so happy that you'll all be back together soon in San Antonio. Have a safe trip! Love, Lynne and Laurie
Very cool! Abbey started reading earlier this year and it is so amazing to watch! Dottie will be so glad to get to kindergarten where they give you books to keep. :0)
Post a Comment