Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Ma and Pa come to visit

I am sorry I haven't blogged in so long. After Halloween, my husband left for 10 days, and I got really sick, so nothing eventful happened in our lives really. Then, Joe came home, he got sick, I got sick again, and I prepared for my parents' visit. 5 days of bliss. I think you know by now that I am probably overly attached to my mom. I have spent more than half of a year living with her, so not seeing her since August has caused me to go through withdrawals.

So, we had a fun-filled time while my parents were here. I took them to the Riverwalk, the Alamo, Seaworld, Mission Francisco de la Espada, and of course, we had Thanksgiving followed by Black Friday shopping. My mom has put the full gamut of pictures on Facebook, so check there if you're wondering what else we did.

Guenther House in the King William District: it's a mansion and a restaurant.

This is a most impressive gingerbread house at the Guenther House. It took 150 hours to make, and it's amazing.

Then, we went to the Alamo.
And there, my mom and I made a new boyfriend:
This is us on the Riverwalk boat tour, which we had never done before:
The next day was Thanksgiving, which turned into quite a cooking adventure. I have strong dislikes about my current house, namely the cockroaches, things constantly breaking, and the plumbing issues. Wednesday night, after a full day doing the aforementioned activities, we walk into a house with an oven missing, and tools left behind by the maintenance workers. I called about oven issues on Monday, and they were now just fixing it, on Wednesday before Thanksgiving, at 9 pm. The maintenance men did come back, tried to fix the oven, and failed. So, on Thanksgiving, I cooked the meal in my vacant neighbor's home. No one has lived there since June, so the maintenance men opened the house up for me. Good times. They have since put in a new oven, but I am ready for these headaches to be over. Thankfully, we are moving into a new house on the main base in March. Hurrah!
So here we are: the food did get cooked, after many frantic moments of running back and forth from house to house.

Friday, my mom and I shopped with my friend Natalie for Black Friday. It was crazy, but fun, and tiring. We were gone from 3:30 am -11 am. Afterward, we lounged around and watched TV, then finally took the squirrely children to the playground. Oh, and we ate out. That was a main theme: eating out. We ate out every day but Thanksgiving.
And then of course, Seaworld. We broke down and bought passes. It just made sense since it's hot most of the year, and they have a very fun waterpark for kids.
At a 4D show . . .
And with an acrobat from Azul, one of the shows.

Oh, and I am very pregnant if you couldn't tell from the pictures. I went to the doctor today, I'm 31 weeks, and the baby already weighs 4 lbs. 6 oz. I think I'm going to birth a giant.

6 comments:

Roberta said...

What a great time you all had when your mom and dad visited! You're looking great Charlotte! Little Ruby could never be a giant! Hugs to everybody!

Anonymous said...

Oh Charlotte, you guys are so much fun. I am laughing at the thought of your Thanksgiving day troubles, although I am sure that it was not funny at the time. I can just picture you running over there carrying the turkey and all the trimmings and Pregnant! Fun times.

Heather said...

Looks like a fun trip! That's exciting you're moving to another house. Max and Ezra are looking forward to seeing Dottiet soon! :)

Morgan said...

You're such a cutie prego. Love you!

Mary said...

Ahh, Pregnant Charlotte. You look fantastic. That was the first time I saw Joey in military gear. Strange, but he looks handsome. And the kids could not be more darling. I miss you guys!

Bethany said...

We have lived here over 2 years and still haven't gone to the Alamo. But I did go there, at Chad's request, on our honeymoon 8 years ago, so I should be good for another 20 years at least.
Glad you enjoyed their visit. Can't wait for you to move over here!