Thursday, December 23, 2010

It's Beginning To Look Alot Like Christmas


This Christmas is our first Christmas alone as a family, without driving or flying to be with our parents. It feels weird. So I'm trying to be as Christmas-y as possible. I've been making a lot of cookies: 4 batches of sugar cookies and 3 batches of Dutch Cheese cookies (I would have made more variety if I hadn't been burned out by making 11 batches of rolls for a Young Women fundraiser).

Dottie and Elliot were very helpful in making the Dutch Cheese cookies. Dottie rolled them into balls, Elliot rolled the balls into the crushed corn flakes, and I put the jam in the middle.
Showing their goods:

Monday night, we went and saw the lights on the Riverwalk. We've heard a lot of hype about them. They were pretty, but they've got nothing on Temple Square in SLC. I needed a little more color variety. But I did like how they were on weeping willows, drooping over the river. That was picturesque.

My camera was making me mad this night. It only takes decent pictures with the flash, and you can't see the Christmas lights with the flash on. So we got several blurry ones like this:

And finally one semi-decent one where you can kind of see the lights. Some day, I'm going to get myself a decent camera.

So Feliz Navidad! By the way, that's my kids' new favorite Christmas song. We hear it a lot, living in San Antonio. I frequently hear little voices singing, "I wanna wish you a Merry Christmas . . .". Dottie, with her experience from Spanish class, rolls her r's the whole song through. Oh, and when I say goodnight to the kids at night, they say "Merry Christmas and Feliz Navidad, Mommy."

2 comments:

Amanda+Jonathan said...

Oh Char. You are having a real family Christmas. I wish I was there to celebrate with you!!!

Unknown said...

You're all grown up! You are such a good mommy. I love you....