Ah, summertime, that fleeting glimpse of perfection. It goes too fast. Having three children at home keeps me busy. Particularly when my husband is out of town for 12 days. We're half way through him being gone; this is the longest trip for Joe since I've had Ruby. Which is very lucky indeed. So what have we been doing?
Swimming lessons. Dottie is being a pro swimmer. 4 days a week for the past 3 weeks, Dottie jumps right in, no fear. Elliot opted out of swimming, stating "I too shy" (with a lateral lisp on "shy").
So what does Elliot do during Dottie's lessons?
Takes pictures with my camera, eats too many snacks, shoves toys in Ruby's mouth, and runs around outside.
We've discovered a new place on base, the Arts and Crafts Center, where you can show up anytime and for a few bucks, create some art.
Dottie's heart shell.
Elliot's turtle.
I think it's pretty artistic for a three-year-old.
So what does Elliot do during Dottie's lessons?
And of course, our lives revolve around food. Many of my bribes with Elliot start with, "If you take a nap (don't pee your pants, clean up, etc.), you'll get to eat (chocolate "muffins" (really it's just cake), a snow cone, an ice cream cone, etc.). These are the chocolate muffins we made, thanks to Dottie's internet research on Holly Hobby's page on Nick Jr.
Oh, and I've started a heckuva lot of new piano students. Why I do this to myself, I don't know. But it's all going much too fast, even though we spend a great deal of time inside or in the pool thanks to the Texas heat.
7 comments:
I love the exercise band! I wish we could exercise togever. Maybe at reunion time we can do a big family P90X exercise time. I doubt that will ever happen. Cute kids. I asked Dottie if the chocolate muffins were healthy. She said, "umm...well, since they're muffins, I fink they are healfy!" I told her the chocolate chips might make them unhealthy. I think she was okay with that.Ha ha.
Miss the family, love the family. Thanks for the pictures!
I love the pictures! You are very witty, Charlotte, and you are a wonderful mother!
What a fun summer. Ruby's hair is awesome. I want to come for a visit very soon.
Thanks for the newsy update! Those are great works of art! And I'm so proud of Dottie for jumping into the pool with no fear (not at all like her grandma at age 6!)
Love all the photos! Whay a great time you are all having! Counting the days until you come to Towanda!
Hugs!
The kids are so cute. I like Elliot's banana ice face. And I can't believe how big Ruby is getting! We're excited to see you guys next month!
Post a Comment