Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Carrie, I love you


 Well; here we go. What has happened in nearly a month? I'm still going therapy (for the hand), Amanda has come and gone, and my Carrie's here for a few more weeks. I'm supposedly starting radiation on the 29th, although I have yet to schedule it. I have a mask made for the radiation that covers my entire face down to my chest. I even got a small tattoo (really small; a pen dot) to help the mask be put into place properly. 

Typing and piano are still pretty poor/annoying. But it's good therapy for me to do, so I'm doing it. I am not complaining; it has gotten better.  It's just still a challenge.

I have actually been doing really well. I am starting to drive again, although my longevity isn't great. 20 minutes is about all I can handle. While Amanda was here, I got pretty proficient at making dinner.  

Until the fateful night I sliced off a chunk of my thumb on my "helpful" kitchen tool, the mandolin slicer.  Let me tell you, if you're ever having a personal crisis, Amanda is great to have around. She had such a cool head while I was sobbing, "I can't believe I did it to my good hand!" 

So. My husband got out of the father/son's campout, and took  me to the urgent care. My hand therapist was actually a little pleased that I was now mostly dependent on my right hand. It actually did help to have that handicap. The wound is now a scab. I was going to take a picture but didn't want to gross you out.

Anyway. The pictures:
My only proof that Amanda was here.  This is her son, Sawyer, future spouse of Ruby. They already have so much in common; they love to read!
 This is us with Carrie at the Japanese Gardens.



 And here begins my ode to Ruby She loves her belly button:
 And she loves taking out her hair tie, all the time. I've pretty much given up.
If she wants bangs in her eyes, so be it. Elliot took all of these photos:





 He also took this one of Carrie:
That's all I've got. Wish me luck with radiation!

10 comments:

Jessica Clark said...

So glad you blogged. I've been missing you a ton and since you hate me and don't return my calls this is how I can hear your voice...ya I used manipulation. Sorry about your hand-OUCH! I still would like to see pictures, I'm gross that way. ;)

Dolores Weed said...

Love the pictures! Elliot is a great little photographer! Ruby's main goal in life is to get her hair tie out. She looks so cute with it in! Eventually, she will figure that out.

Tabitha said...

Maybe Elliot will be a photographer when he grows up! We're still praying for you Char and hope that the radiation goes well. Take care, and sorry about your thumb! those mandolins are dangerous!

Helynne said...

BEST OF LUCK WITH RADIATION!!! Prayers are still coming your way! Thanks for the darling pictures of the kids. Elliot's pictuers of his baby sister are darling! We're so glad Carrie is there helping out. THANKS, CARRIE!!!!!!!

Emily Larson said...

How funny that Elliot took those! Praying for you everyday!

Gregorio Carlo said...

Great Ruby shots. Ti amo ; ti amiamo. Preghiamo per te giornalmente.
Love, Dad.

Roberta said...

Still the same message Charlotte! Love and hugs to all of you! Keeping you all in our thoughts and prayers! Love the photos that Eliot took! We'll be thinking of you during the radition! Hugs!

Roberta said...

Hi Charlotte! Rob looked at your blog and cute photos too! Everybody have a great long week-end! You mom and dad are on their way to "the City"! Hugs and love!

Joe said...

Grateful for the Carrie! Love the wife and children!

Unknown said...

What? Where have I been?? I had no idea you've updated the blog. Well, love the pics. Can't believe you chopped your finger. That is so sad and ouch. I am glad it's in the past. You are such a trooper.