My Carrie left today (above picture by Elliot). She's been such a big help. I will sorely miss her. She's another person I wouldn't mind living in a commune with. She's so peaceful and kind.
I made her stay extra long so she'd be here on my birthday, yesterday. Well. It wasn't such a joyful day. I had the worst stomach flu of my life. My kids all had the flu earlier this week, but were quickly over it. In fact, Ruby threw up yesterday morning while eating a banana in the high chair. The throw up didn't even phase her. She kept eating her banana.
Me, on the other hand, I was so sick I couldn't even stand up without being sick. I'm chalking it up to my immune system being poor from all of the trauma I've been through the past few months. Needless to say, there was no birthday cake. But I still had to go to radiation.
How is radiation? Really, it's not that bad. I lay down with my mask on for 10 minutes, then I'm done. I just started Wednesday. But I really feel like it'll be okay. I had Joe give me a blessing that I wouldn't throw up during radiation, and I didn't! It was the only time I felt somewhat okay yesterday. The sweet staff gave me a cupcake for my birthday, which Dottie and Elliot devoured.
The best part of my birthday was this: my friends came and redid my garden the night before my birthday. I wish I had a"before" picture. The transformation really is remarkable: new mulch, flowers, and trim. It may be the sweetest thing anyone has done for me.
The rest of these are random of Carrie and children. The last is to demonstrate Ruby's undying love for shoes. She always wants to be wearing them, even with jammies on. This girl just wants to leave the house!
11 comments:
I love the garden. Tell your friends I love them and thank them for me, too! You all look wonderful, and I miss you so much!! Feel better, birthday girl!
Wow! That is an awesome gift! What thoughtful friends and neighbors! Sorry you guys had the flu bug- hope you feel better soon :-(
So glad to know that the radiation treatment is going well. Years from now we will be reminiscing over how throwing up did not keep Ruby from finishing her banana. Love and thanks go to Carrie and to your wonderful friends.
Love, Dad.
Lame! I'm so sorry you had the stomach flu on your birthday! I'm very happy to hear you didn't toss your cookies during the radiation treatment. Glad to hear radiation isn't too bad and you are feeling better. <3 <3
P.S. If I ever entered a commune I'd like to have Carrie with me too :)
The flu sounds awful . . . but happy belated birthday! Love that long dress on you! You're fabulous Charlotte!
Loving your dress Charky - beautimous. :) Love you!
Awww. Thanks, Mary! When Char, Amanda, and I were there for one week together, we saw a glimpse of what it would be like to live in a commune. I'm missing you and your kids, Charky! You do have wonderful friends! Lurvs.
Ugh. The flu on your birthday! Did Carrie get it too? Poor you. Did it hurt your neck to throw up?
You're garden looks great! That is a very thoughtful present indeed. And I agree with Morgan-- that dress is awesome! So pretty and comfy-- our two favorite things, eh?
Love reading your blog! The photos are awesome! Everybody has grown sooooo much! Glad radiation went well. Love Bobbie
Post a Comment