Thursday, June 14, 2012

Birthday Girl plus Crafty?

 Last Wednesday was Dotta-lot's birthday. We kept things simple. We opened gifts, then went to Yogurt Zone with a few friends on Friday. Carrie got us addicted to frozen yogurt.
 Dottie (and Ruby's) favorite gift was Polly Pocket from Aunt Mimi. I can't believe my daughter is seven. This means she's starting to remember things. Don't you remember things from when you were seven? I guess I should start making life more memorable for her.

 And...I did a project. I got a craigslist dining room table for my birthday. My friend Jessie convinced me to reupholster the chairs with laminated cotton, and make a table cloth out of the same material. I love it. It's a child-proof material. You just wipe it down. Well, it wasn't as bad as making a Halloween costume, but it definitely tried my patience when I had to take off three layers of disgusting old material before putting on my pretty new fabric.
 You like the paisley? I do!
 The whole table.
 Table cloth fabric. Adorable, eh?
Besides this, we're doing well. Radiation is fine. I'm almost half-way done. I'm going home for two months while Joe goes to school at the end of July. Ahh. This makes me very happy. Anything to escape the Texas heat...

10 comments:

Carolyn said...

YAY, Charlotte! I'm so glad your table and chairs turned out well. It looks good! I'd say you were crafty. I'm glad Dottie had a great birthday!

Dolores Weed said...

Beautiful!! I really like the chairs! And I love both fabrics--you have great taste. Can't wait to see you later this summer!

Helynne said...

Charlotte, you are a wizard! The reupholstered chairs and table cloth are beautiful! (My home improvement efforts this summer have consisted in hiring someone to replace two light switches and assembling a new kitchen cart. Not too creative). So glad to hear you'll have some quality family time this summer when Joey has more school. ENJOY and keep in touch! Love y'all.

Emily Larson said...

Oh Charlotte. That table is beeeeyootiful! What a crafty girl you've become!

Unknown said...

Love the fabric, love the table, love the chairs. What a great idea. I will do the same some day and use you as my role model. Love you....

Tabitha said...

I love the chairs!!! And the tablecloth- and yes- I LOVE the paisley! You are awesome!

Wendy said...

Dear Charlotte-

Those are lovely! Great work. Also, I'll be in Towanda for like two days at the beginning of August on my way to Maine. I NEED to see you and give you a big hug.

xoxo

Morgan said...

So awesome! Love your craftiness and elated to hear that things are going well. Miss you!

Roberta said...

Crafty person and I love your new dining room table and chairs! :-)

Danelle said...

Charlotte, your table looks amazing! You are inspiring me to try that. I want a cool Craigslist table too, to up-cycle. Love you!