So. This week has been busy. I had the brilliant idea to make sugar cookies for
Young Women's on Tuesday night. Well, it was not a well-thought out plan. They seem so cute and fun to make, but I had one failed batch, then realized I needed to double the recipe, then there is all of the rolling, cutting, icing, and decorating.
 |
| But when you end up with cute cookies like this, I guess it's okay. |
 |
| I finally had to assign the kids a specific set of cookies to decorate for themselves so my masterpieces weren't destroyed. It was a day of trying patience and less-than-perfect parenting. So why do they make the cutouts for sugar cookies so cute and appealing, yet so impossible for the average child to produce a decent looking cookie? |
The back patio has become our play dough haven. I love my girls playing outside together, even if one is only in her underwear.
 |
| For science on Halloween, we decided to make slime. It consists of glue, water, laundry detergent, and we added sparkles. |
 |
| Dottie was the photographer. She took a lot of pictures. |
 |
| This is something we did while Ruby slumbered. |
 |
| Then, after these pictures were taken, they had the brilliant idea to cover their bodies and Elliot's Halloween costume in slime. This resulted in them scrubbing his costume for an hour in order to go Trick-or-Treating. We were all filled with brilliant ideas this Halloween. |
 |
| We made a jack-o-lantern faced-pumpkin, a la Papa Murphy's, on All Hallow's Eve. |
 |
| My little cowboy: the costume that almost wasn't. We got it in the mail the night before Halloween. |
 |
| Reprise of Dottie as Hermione. |
 |
| And this little Dorothy was very scared of this big bad Wicked Witch in front of our neighbor's house. It talked and cackled. |
 |
| My precious loves to spend time experimenting on the piano. He's recently figured out the chromatic scale and some triads. |
 |
| And today, I was happy for QRT (Quiet Reading Time) so I could take a quiet nap. |
6 comments:
Char- the cookies and costumes are great!! I love Dorothy! Did Dottie wear that when she was little, I can't remember? You are such a fun mom. I need to make slime with my kids so they like me more.
Elliot's outfit looks great ! Fun looking pizza. Very scary witch !
Ahh..I love Halloween. I agree you are a fun mom, even if sometimes you regret it when you kids get slime all over the house.
What a great Halloween! Tell Ruby I would have been frightened of the neighbors witch too! The Slime sounds wonderful! Hugs!
LOVE this! Dottie made a wonderful Hermione, Ruby and adorable Dorothy, and I'm a huge fan of Elliot's handlebar mustache. I've decided that you are my inspiration when it comes to children making messes. You just kind of roll with it, which doesn't come naturally to me, but I'm trying to be better. They are kids afterall. In the meantime, I love the idea of keeping play doh outside. :)
This is Mom and Carolyn. Super cute ideas! I love the kids' costumes, too. You're an amazing mom, Char!
Post a Comment