Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Went to Bed and Bumped Her Head

Dottie's been doing great in the toddler bed. However, Sunday night, there was an incident. Although the bed has side railings halfway along the sides, there aren't railings for the bottom portion of the bed. Somehow, around two in the morning on Sunday, Dottie got flipped around and was sleeping upside down. Consequently, the railings weren't there to protect her, and she fell out of the bed. We put her back to bed, she went back to sleep. Monday morning, Joe went to go get her, and I looked at her face, and there was blood all over it. I went to her room to investigate if there was blood all over her bed as well, but miraculously, there was only two drops of blood on the carpet (also miraculously, the blood came right out with water). So she must have landed on her nose, and jarred it a little. The harm done was insignificant, luckily.

My second story Becca will appreciate. Becca got for Dottie a wooden jewelry/keepsake box with her name on it for her birthday. Being the good friend that she is, she filled the box with two bags of caramels. That was my gift. I put the box on one of the display shelves in Dottie's room, out of her reach. I've mostly forgotten about the caramel treasures except for when I want something sweet and I can't find anything. Then I remember the caramels, and my life is saved. Anyway, when our story takes place, there are roughly a bag and a half of caramels left.

Since we've shifted around Dottie's room due to the toddler bed and crib move, we've put her Dora the Explorer bike in her room (remember, this is a small house -- we've gotta put the thing somewhere). Over the past few days, I've been finding little wrappers everywhere. It didn't really connect that they could be from the caramels. Well, on Saturday, I caught Dottie red-handed. When she was supposed to be taking a nap, she had pushed her Dora bike over to the shelf, climbed on top of the bike, and was eating the caramels. This little girl had eaten most of the caramels. By the time I caught her, there were only five left. Little piggy.

Those are my stories for the week. Here are the pictures:


Dottie and Joe cuddling in most of the blankets in our house yesterday. Joe had the day off for Veteran's Day. I never had Veteran's Day off, but I guess in a military town, they put a little more priority on recognizing those who served.


Grandma Weed spoils Dottie again. This is a Cinderella dress she got in the mail last week. It's way too big, but try getting Dottie out of it.

7 comments:

howelltree said...

They still love those princess dresses even after they begin to look like Cinderella's rags :) I have had to start snipping off the long stings that hang down as they get more and more worn out.

Michelle- A look at our lovely life said...

Such cute pictures of Dottie! I am glad I get to see that little caramel eater tomorrow.

Unknown said...

yeah!!! i am glad the BOTH of you enjoyed the caramels. Caramels are the perfect sugar fix. Them and licorice. Yumm...black licorice and diet coke...snack of the gods. i love princess dottie. i hope isla loves disney princesses as much as your precious dorothy.

Anonymous said...

She is growing up so fast and getting SOOO CUTE!!! Happy Thanksgiving! We love you guys!

Carolyn said...

She is such a piggy! She's just like me. Remember when you used to hide your candy (especially the big swirly lollipops) on top of the bookshelf. I used to eat them. I'd also get into mom's symphony bars under her bed. I'm such a snoop!Anyway, I love you and cute little Dottie.

Carolyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carolyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.