Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Watch Wizar ha Boz?

We are big fans of the library. We check out all kinds of books, movies, etc. Recently, we checked out the Wizard of Oz. Considering that Dottie's full name is Dorothy, we figured she'd better see the movie with the most famous Dorothy of all. She's become an obsessed girl. She watches the Wizard of Oz an average of 1-2 times a day (sometimes more), and we've had to renew the movie twice. Looks like we're going to have to find it for an Easter present.

Since The Wizard of Oz is pretty much all she talks about, I thought I'd share with you some funny things she's been saying and doing:

1. Watch Wizar ha Boz? When she first started watching the movie, this is what she'd say when she wanted to watch it. She'd emphasize "Boz." It took several times of watching before she realized they were saying "Oz." Now she has the phrase perfected: "Watch the Wizard of Oz?"
2. Dorothy Dress. Last week, she wore her Dorothy dress three days of the week, in honor of Dorothy. Although Dottie still doesn't know her full name is Dorothy, she still has an affinity with her namesake.
3. Follow the Yellow Brick Road? Last Sunday, as we were leaving Church, Joe and I were holding hands with Dottie. She observed, "Hold hands like Wizar ha Boz? Then she commenced to sing Follow the Yellow Brick Road.
4. Her little friends. Since we didn't leave the house for several weeks, Dottie has started calling her dolls her "friends," since we haven't seen her real friends. She has Wizard of Oz dolls that my mom got for Dottie from McDonald's. Now, when she watches the movie, she acts it out with her little "friends." It seems there's a little romance between Dorothy and the Lion in Dottie's version of the movie.
5.Sing Dorfy's song? Dottie calls "Over the Rainbow" Dorfy's song. We have a piano book that has most of the Wizard of Oz songs in it, and I've been playing them often for her. "Over the Rainbow" is of course her favorite, since it's very melodic and romantic sounding.

So that's been the latest obsession for Dottie. Here's pictures of the kids:



I don't know about you, but I have problems getting good pictures of babies. When you lean directly over them, they look fat and not so cute no matter what you do. Ah well. You can at least tell he's smiling.


Dottie got this little dress in the mail for her Easter present from Grandma Weed. Yes, it's sleeveless . . . and Dottie hates keeping on her cardigan. Somehow I managed to convince her to keep it on at Church at least. She must be a hot-blooded little thing.




These are a series of Dottie and Elliot being "friends," as Dottie says. She's making her mean face in this picture. She makes this face whenever she touches Elliot, which usually indicates she's squeezing some body part of his as hard as she can.


She's being nice to him in this one.



I like this one; they're both smiling.


This is my favorite; I fixed it so Dottie's panties aren't showing any more. Sorry it took me awhile to figure out how to crop the picture.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What cute kids you have Chak! How I love 'em! So, I am sorry I missed your call today-- I was out getting Easter photos of the kids (check my blog for pics) and was too busy and all over the place with dinner/bedtime/etc to call you back. I will try tomorrow! Kay? Kay.

P.S. Isn't this Jessica and You Know Who thing crazy??????? Awww. It is so cute and exciting and CRAZY. Good crazy, not bad.

LOVE YOU

Mary said...

I'm so excited to see you guys!! We are going to have so much fun!! Oh boy oh boy oh boy!!

Carolyn said...

Oh My Goodness! they are adorable!!! I love how dottie loves her movie and how she says things according to how she hears them -Wizar ha Boz-hahaha. Happy Easter. I'll see you guys in 2 months and 19 days--I think.Love ya---CAROLYN

Brandon and Natalie said...

Cute kids! That is a cute story about Dottie. Did she end up getting the movie for Easter?