My grandma died while we were in Utah. She had been suffering from dementia for the past few years, so we all felt it was really a blessing. My grandfather passed away in October '07, so now they are finally together again.
My dad had the privilege of being there when my grandmother passed, and he said it was actually a spiritual experience to watch someone pass from this life to the next. He compared it to being present at a baby's birth; it was the same type of sacred feeling. Grandma didn't end her life, but is continuing on to a life where she can be who she truly is once again.
The funeral was really beautiful. Even though I was dealing with a squirmy one-year-old and a sicky three-year-old, I really felt spiritually uplifted, just as I did at my grandpa's funeral. I am so grateful to be a part of a family that knows the eternal nature of of our own souls, and of families. This life doesn't end here; of that I am certain. Our families can also be together forever if we live a righteous, loving, Christlike life. Hearing the tributes to my grandmother, and knowing of the oneness she had with my grandfather has really inspired me to be better, to live as they lived. My parents and grandparents have provided me with excellent examples, and I know it is possible to have an eternal family that is untouched by the world.
My dad had the privilege of being there when my grandmother passed, and he said it was actually a spiritual experience to watch someone pass from this life to the next. He compared it to being present at a baby's birth; it was the same type of sacred feeling. Grandma didn't end her life, but is continuing on to a life where she can be who she truly is once again.
The funeral was really beautiful. Even though I was dealing with a squirmy one-year-old and a sicky three-year-old, I really felt spiritually uplifted, just as I did at my grandpa's funeral. I am so grateful to be a part of a family that knows the eternal nature of of our own souls, and of families. This life doesn't end here; of that I am certain. Our families can also be together forever if we live a righteous, loving, Christlike life. Hearing the tributes to my grandmother, and knowing of the oneness she had with my grandfather has really inspired me to be better, to live as they lived. My parents and grandparents have provided me with excellent examples, and I know it is possible to have an eternal family that is untouched by the world.
3 comments:
What a tribute to our grandmother and our beliefs! Thanks, Char. I know that Families can be together forever.
Thanks Chak! It is true. I love learning from other married people who figured it out so well.
Thanks for sharing, Carlotta. Grandma left us a remarkable legacy and because she did, we can follow her pattern for those who follow our generations. I'm sure she's thrilled to be with Grandpa and other loved ones. And that makes me happy and at peace.
Post a Comment