Friday, February 13, 2009

Early Valentine's Day

Joe and I are celebrating Valentine's Day today instead of tomorrow, due to babysitter availability. Now I'm not one to gush about my husband in a public forum, although he is pretty terrific. This just shows how terrific he is. I awoke to the smell of gouda cheese and omelet cooking, and this is what I saw in our bay window:
Granted, this is not the best picture, but it's my little decoration tree. Joe decorated it further with little heart ornaments. 72 to be exact. He put on each heart something he loves about me. It was very sweet and thoughtful.

After he left, I've been discovering little items hidden around the house with notes on them: a DVD in the shower, a candy bar in a movie case I've been watching, and another candy bar in the computer. I like these little random surprises.

I'm mostly excited about tonight: an Australian restaurant and who knows what else? All I know is that my friend is watching our kids for 4 hours. The sky's the limit. I love my husband. And the excitement and anticipation of today makes me feel like I'm getting married all over again.

2 comments:

FeistyHistoryGal said...

aaaawwww!!! I hope you have a fantastic time this evening!

Unknown said...

Oh so cute! Joe is such a romantic guy. I love it!