Elliot has FINALLY started to speak over the past few weeks (that kind of rhymes!). It's hard as a mom not to compare your children. Dottie was already singing, in addition to speaking, by the time she was Elliot's age. But, he's a boy. He's a more physical kind of person. He's focused on all of the things he can do with his body, and he is really gifted at moving. But, the exciting moment finally arrived when he informed me after eating dinner that he was "All da!" (All done). Here are a few of Elliot's verbal highlights:
"All Da!" this is the one we hear most frequently
"MaMa" which my pediatrician says is actually not considered a first word, but he does say it at me ALL the time, so I'm counting it. I take what I can get.
"DaDa" she said the same about this word.
"Dah-tie" Dottie, separated exactly in that manner. He also kind of does it to the "Dottie, Dottie" song.
"Ba" Okay, I still nurse my kid. And he loves it. So when he wants to nurse, this is what he says. Use your imagination. You can figure out what he means.
"Hi" and occasionally "Hi Da" (Hi there). My sister Carrie had the privilege of being the first person to whom he said "Hi" on the phone.
"Rah!" His growling noise whenever he sees an animal, no matter what animal. Although yesterday he did start quacking when he saw ducks.
"Eye" He can identify his facial features. He said this only a couple of times, and not recently. But I still count it. Like I said, I take what I can get.
There are other things he does that let me know that at least he understands. Like if I say, "Elliot, give me kisses," he'll run across the room and grab my face and give me a big slobbery one. It's nice to know he's learning.
Here are pictures of my child the blur. It's so hard to get him to sit still for the camera.




"All Da!" this is the one we hear most frequently
"MaMa" which my pediatrician says is actually not considered a first word, but he does say it at me ALL the time, so I'm counting it. I take what I can get.
"DaDa" she said the same about this word.
"Dah-tie" Dottie, separated exactly in that manner. He also kind of does it to the "Dottie, Dottie" song.
"Ba" Okay, I still nurse my kid. And he loves it. So when he wants to nurse, this is what he says. Use your imagination. You can figure out what he means.
"Hi" and occasionally "Hi Da" (Hi there). My sister Carrie had the privilege of being the first person to whom he said "Hi" on the phone.
"Rah!" His growling noise whenever he sees an animal, no matter what animal. Although yesterday he did start quacking when he saw ducks.
"Eye" He can identify his facial features. He said this only a couple of times, and not recently. But I still count it. Like I said, I take what I can get.
There are other things he does that let me know that at least he understands. Like if I say, "Elliot, give me kisses," he'll run across the room and grab my face and give me a big slobbery one. It's nice to know he's learning.
Here are pictures of my child the blur. It's so hard to get him to sit still for the camera.
6 comments:
Since when do "Mama" and "Dada" not count as words? They mean something don't they? If you pediatrician is correct, then I've been wrong my entire life thinking my first word was "Mama."
I didn't know Elliot had such a vocabulary! My goal is to be the next person he says "hi" to over the phone. . .
Very exciting. I love it when they start talking. I also love their variations in pronunciation. What a cute boy!
Elliot is adorable...he looks like a very, very happy kid:)
We are very proud of our brilliant grandson! What a doll baby. We love you, Elliot, and of course we love Dottie, too.
Oh my goodness! He is the cutest thing ever! I'm so honored to have been the first person he said hi to. See you in a few weeks!
Go Elliot! Yikes Peter only says DaDa, Dog and Ball. So he is one advanced kid!
Post a Comment