Thursday, April 02, 2009

Library + Serenity = Fun

This week, Joy School was cancelled. So I planned with my bff in Colorado Springs, Serenity, to take our kids to la biblioteque. Just so you know, other bffs, I always need a best friend wherever I live. Otherwise, I'm depressed because I have no female companionship to meet my "verbal needs" (this is how Serenity explains it to her husband when he complains about us talking on the phone too much. I say the same thing to Joe). A girl needs a bff, especially when she's home alone all day with children.
So, Serenity has been my saving force many a day. Her son, Beau, is in Joy School with Dottie. They also have a special bond, especially when it comes to causing mischief. This library trip was no exception. I don't think either one of them heard a word of the stories during Story Time. Plus, our other children were being naughty. But, at least we got out of the house, together. That's what I tell Serenity. Having a friend helps me get out and feel good.
I was determined to get pictures of this trip, since I've been a slacker. So here they are, naughty children included.

Dottie sitting on the special squares during storytime.

Dottie and Beau making their craft.

Elliot, my sweet boy.
I was trying to get one of Elliot and Bosten (Serenity's baby) together. It wasn't happening. Elliot LOVES Bosten. He is seriously his favorite toy.

Serenity. Her face says it all about the children: "Why are my kids being naughty?" I
have felt that way so often.

This picture isn't from the library. We were at the mall getting our new car registered, and we randomly ran into the Easter Bunny! Elliot was freaked out. He felt his fur, and it was all over for him. Dottie let him know that she wants "Chocolate" for Easter. I think she'll be happy with Easter, since there is always plenty of chocolate.

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

wow...I think I would be scared of that bunny too. I think the kiddoos still look cute despite their naughtiness.

The Short Family said...

We love to go to the Library too! And I totally agree about a BFF. Women have a lot to say and need to be able to say it to another woman.