Friday, September 11, 2009

I'm a Sew-er!


Note that I'm a sew-er, not a sewer. I sew; I don't keep underground waste. For Relief Society, our church's women organization, we were asked to make a square representing ourselves for a joint effort quilt. Interestingly enough, I was the one put in charge of this project. I'm not much of a sew-er, but my mom sure is. So, I organized get togethers for the women to work on embroidering their squares, and tried to help if I could (which wasn't much help, believe me).

Now if you know anything about me, you'll know that I did not get the crafty gene. My mom is great at sewing, my sisters are very meticulous people, and it seems I have been surrounded by women who scrapbook my whole life. I really don't do any of these things. So I really surprised myself this week when I made it my goal to finish this square. I actually enjoyed it! In fact, I was just going to make a book without any decoration for my quilt square. But the more I did it, the more confident I got, and the more I elaborated my little design.

Now if you are a good embroiderer, please don't look closely. You will see many flaws. But for a first time effort for a sworn noncrafter, I think I did okay.

2 comments:

Amanda+Jonathan said...

dear charlotte,

will you please embroider me something for my birthday.

Love Amanda

Unknown said...

Charlotte,

This is so cute! You should keep up with it and embroider something else. Like Mandy's bday present...;)

Beakah