Saturday, January 15, 2011

Happy Birthday, Ellioto

Thursday was my Baby Elliot's birthday. I went with the low-key theme again this year. I don't know whose idea it was to have another baby in January. For some reason, I didn't feel quite up to the task of hosting a gaggle of children and making a fancy cake. So I bought a cake, we went to Chuck E. Cheese with 2 families of friends, and then we ate at Cici's Pizza. It was actually cheaper to eat at Cici's with the amount of people we had than staying at Chuck E.'s. Plus, it's better pizza. Not that Cici's is gourmet or anything. But, being a buffet, I could pig out more. Because that's what I feel like doing 2 weeks before Ruby's born.

I realized on our way that I forgot my camera. We turned around, ransacked the house, and never found the camera. So these pictures are from my old reliable 1st digital camera, the Kodak Easy Share. Sorry for the wrong dates. But I hope you know by now it's no longer 2003.

The only picture from Chuck E.'s? He was with his dad most of the time and I was with the girls.

See, this cake was way better than anything I could have made. And it had that yummy whipped frosting. Thank you, commisary, for your efforts. And for saving me some sanity.


Thanks, friends for the presents, and for the nice handmade cards.


Mmm . . .licking the icing off of the car.


Blowing out the candles. These pictures are in no particular order.

You may notice his outfit changed halfway through the party. I bet you can guess why.
Sometimes a party is just too exciting to stop and go. Nobody loves a party pooper.


One very specific gift he requested was Elmo slippers. I've discovered you can find just about anything on Amazon, and then it saves you the hassle of going from store to store. I never thought I'd become an avid online shopper, but it is pretty awesome to never have to leave the comfort of your home to buy that specific item.

So, Elliot. Here's my ode to you, son, on the 3 year anniversary of your birth. You are still very much my little baby. You love to cuddle me and play with my hair. You have a very sweet temperament, and I hope that never changes. You'll be a great big brother. You already help me so much. I love you, my little wild man!

8 comments:

Dolores Weed said...

He is so darling. He has stolen my heart! Love the pictures!! Happy Birthday to a very loving little boy!

Amanda+Jonathan said...

so cute! I love the little outfit you put him in after his little accident. Happy Birthday Elliot! And What were you thinking?! Two birthdays in Jan?!

Unknown said...

I can't believe he's 3 already. What a handsome little man. I think Isla will have a crush on him when they're teenagers. Heck, Wren will probably have a crush on him too! Funny.

Bethany said...

Do you really call him Ellioto? Because that is what all our Japanese friends called our Elliott. They could not help themselves, they had to add that vowel on the end.
Anyway, he is such a cutie. Happy late birthday! You can make it up to him next year with whatever he wants since Ruby will still be clueless. ;0)

Roberta said...

Finally, I can tell Elliot! Happy Birthday! Being without a computer for several days gets everything messed up! Hugs to Elliot!

gardeniagirl said...

Bethany, yes, we call him Ellioto. Like the Japanese, I cannot help but add an "o" to the end. I don't know why. I like nicknames, and there's not a good way to shorten Elliot, so I lengthen it.

Morgan said...

Charky, your kids are so dang cute. And if that birthday party was low key you're going to be mighty disappointed in me and the parties I throw my children. ;) I love you!

Michelle said...

Happy birthday to Elliot! I love the elmo slippers. Peter keeps requesting things like a donkey or a lion or a tiger. I wish it was something I could find on amazon.

I can't believe you are only 2 weeks away from baby #3!! Wow!