I wanted to take one last exciting trip with the family before having baby #3, because I think life is going to change drastically with another child to care for.
So, we went to Houston to visit my friend, Courtney. She came and visited this summer, and when she was here from Pennsylvania for Christmas, I told her we'd come see her. I love Courtney. She's one of the most fun, sweetest, kindest people I know.
I was impressed with Houston. Joe and I both liked the more cosmopolitan feel of the city. Courtney took us to her favorite pastry shop, to a BBQ restaurant, to the Galleria shopping area, and to the Water Wall. The Water Wall was extra cool. I have pictures of it with the flash:
So, we went to Houston to visit my friend, Courtney. She came and visited this summer, and when she was here from Pennsylvania for Christmas, I told her we'd come see her. I love Courtney. She's one of the most fun, sweetest, kindest people I know.
I was impressed with Houston. Joe and I both liked the more cosmopolitan feel of the city. Courtney took us to her favorite pastry shop, to a BBQ restaurant, to the Galleria shopping area, and to the Water Wall. The Water Wall was extra cool. I have pictures of it with the flash:
Anyway, thanks, Court, for letting us visit! I'll see you this summer in PA!
We got to stay the night in a hotel, which was very exciting to Elliot and Dottie. They slept great. Me on the otherhand, not so much. I took a Sudafed, which I didn't realize was non-drowsy, and I don't think I slept at all that night.
The next day, we went to NASA. Now I'm going to try to describe our time there without sounding too complaining. I did enjoy myself, and I did learn a lot. Joe and I got really interested in Space Travel because of a film we saw there, and we rented Apollo 13 when we got home.
HOWEVER, my children were . . . horrific. No better word. We actually cut the day short because of bad behavior. And torrential rain. We got on an open-door tram in the middle of the rainstorm to tour the actual NASA facility, and we were all soaking wet. The kids cried, I felt like crying, so we went home after the NASA tour. But I did like the tour itself when we got off of the tram. It was cool to see real shuttles being built.
Here are pictures of the beginning of the day, when the children were more happy and carefree:
3 comments:
What? You didn't get 20 kinds of jerky at Buc-ee's? I haven't actually been there but I think that's their big thing.
I have been wanting to take a trip to Houston but I loathe the traffic and big-ness of that city. NASA looks cool enough that I think we will give it a try this year.
They look very sweet and angelic. I know all about bad children behavior. I've been embarrassed a few times myself as a mom.
Oh yes, the public displays of bad behavior. These are always disheartening, because there is very little you can do to turn it around. Once they go to the dark side, they're lost until the get a nap. Right? But when you're on vacation, you kinda wish they could realize it and enjoy themselves? Not when they're tiny kids though. Nope. For this reason I will never go back to the Oregon Children's Museum.
Post a Comment