We've started feeding Ruby real food. And by real, I mean real. Not yucky baby food that we both hate. This is why I say, "Don't judge me." She hates rice cereal, and she really isn't too fond of the other jarred varieties, even delectable kinds like Banana or Pear Pineapple. She wants to be chomping whatever we're chomping, and she wants it bad.
So, I'm giving in, throwing caution to the wind. We have no history of allergies on either side of the family, so I'm completely skipping the "introduce one food per week" rule. So far, she's been doing great. We aren't feeding her anything crazy like nuts or steak, but whatever vegetable or pasta we have available. She really likes rice noodles. And in these pictures, Joe's feeding her squash that was in our vegetable lasagna.
I should mention I purchased a Baby Food Mill to grind up whatever we're eating that's too hard for her to gum. I figure it's just easier and cheaper. She wants to eat what we're eating; she's no dummy. I figure people have been feeding their babies for centuries and not killing them, so I think she'll be okay by skipping baby food.
So, I'm giving in, throwing caution to the wind. We have no history of allergies on either side of the family, so I'm completely skipping the "introduce one food per week" rule. So far, she's been doing great. We aren't feeding her anything crazy like nuts or steak, but whatever vegetable or pasta we have available. She really likes rice noodles. And in these pictures, Joe's feeding her squash that was in our vegetable lasagna.
I should mention I purchased a Baby Food Mill to grind up whatever we're eating that's too hard for her to gum. I figure it's just easier and cheaper. She wants to eat what we're eating; she's no dummy. I figure people have been feeding their babies for centuries and not killing them, so I think she'll be okay by skipping baby food.
4 comments:
Preziosa principessa !
(My) Elliott hated baby food too. I actually had one friend suggest to me that it was because I was trying to feed her jarred baby food and not making it myself from organic vegetables. Um, no. Ruby is eating and growing and happy so I think you are doing just fine!
plus mucho cheaper!
People food is so much better! Our grandson Evan couldn't wait to eat pizza! She is a little doll!
Post a Comment