Thursday, April 03, 2008

Easter and a haircut

Happy belated Easter, everyone! Joe had a week off of school for Spring Break, so we took the opportunity to make a trip to Utah to show off our new baby to family and friends. Once again, I was bad at taking pictures, so I apologize for not covering every event from our trip. We started our trip in SLC at Joe's grandparents; we were there from Friday night (late late -- we found that driving at night works best for two kids) until Tuesday morning. We got to eat Easter dinner with them and my brother Bryan and Mary and Jesse (Joe's sister and husband). We mostly spent time with grandma and grandpa, Mary and Jesse on the trip, but we also stopped over to visit Joe's Grandma Hansen as well.

The second half of the trip (Tuesday until Friday morning) was spent in Provo, where we stayed at my Aunty Eleanor's house. We still have friends in Provo, finishing various degrees. I got to spend time with Amanda and Morgan, my long lost roommates, and my brother Bryan. Joe visited some mission friends, as well as Travis and Michelle and their new baby Peter (Travis is Joe's old roomy). It was good to get out of town and visit all of these fine folks.

The second item of interest is a new haircut for me. I got it cut with Amanda while I was in Provo, and I must say, I have mixed feelings about it. It kind of reminds me of my bad growing-out-hair after I had my hair in a Pixie cut. I also feel like I look like one of the Beatles. The girl just wasn't getting what I wanted done with my hair, despite me bringing a picture. So tell me what you think I should do with it. But be nice. I'm sensitive about it right now. One of my Primary kids said to me, "What did you do to your hair?" Yes, kids can be brutally honest.



Dottie playing with some of the books she got for Easter.

Joe, Elliot, my Aunty Eleanor, and Dottie.

Same people, minus Joe, plus me.


Aunty and Elliot.

Joe and Elliot this Sunday morning.
Beatles Hair.

Me and Dottie and my hair. It looks worse than normal in this picture.

7 comments:

Mary said...

I love your hair!

Unknown said...

Char-- Okay, so I totally know what you're going through with the hair. I had the same haircut a couple of months ago. I wanted it to look like Katie Holmes with a little bit of Feist. I asked Billy for his honest opinion and thank goodness he told me the truth. He confirmed my suspicions: haircut not good. So, I swept my bangs to the side or pinned them back. Even did a headband every now and then. It wasn't amazing, pretty mediocre, but at least I didn't look silly.....NOT saying that you look silly! YOU DON'T. I did. But I know how you feel about bang anxiety. You may want to bear through the emotional transition, or revert back to old ways and pin them back. Up to you. Just be grateful you are so beautiful. You could have Donald Trump hair and still look hot.

Unknown said...

Oh yeah, and your babies are HOT too :)

Carolyn said...

You all look so wonderful! Char, honestly, your hair isn't that bad. It will grow on you. Like becca said, you look good with any haircut.

Shambonies said...

wow you are like a blogging queen!! so many posts since i have been gone in montana i am so proud of you!! you babies are so so cute i love them!1 were you in utah for easter?/ ok well i never really got to talk to you so i hope i to do soon!!

Shambonies said...

wow you are like a blogging queen!! so many posts since i have been gone in montana i am so proud of you!! you babies are so so cute i love them!1 were you in utah for easter?/ ok well i never really got to talk to you so i hope i to do soon!!

Shambonies said...

wow you are like a blogging queen!! so many posts since i have been gone in montana i am so proud of you!! you babies are so so cute i love them!1 were you in utah for easter?/ ok well i never really got to talk to you so i hope i to do soon!! and your hair really doesjt look as bad as you think!!