Friday, January 30, 2009

The Beginnings of Walking



Okay, keep in mind that it is nearly impossible to get a one-year-old to do something on command. Plus it's almost his naptime. It all started Wednesday night: 1 step, then 2 steps. Yesterday morning, he did a full circle: 8 steps. Since then, he's been practicing and practicing, little by little, usually not getting more than 3 or 4 steps. But it's progress. I'm letting him take his sweet time. And yes, that is my cell phone I'm bribing him along with. It's Elliot's favorite toy.


Random Dottie. This is her Christmas dress for next year (got it on sale), and it's been taunting her in the closet. I gave in on Monday and let her wear it for awhile. But that was a one-time deal. I don't want it to get ruined, for Pete's sake. Plus, it's way too big.

By the way, I did survive my husband being gone. We just played a lot of games, went to the mall, spent money, had little dance parties, and played with friends. People were amused on Sunday, however, at the struggle I had with my children, Elliot in particular.

Congratulations are in order for Joe, too. He got second place at a state-wide conducting contest on Monday. The exciting thing is he doesn't have any obligations, but still won a considerable sum of money. I'm loving that.

4 comments:

Carolyn said...

Oh, Wow. My little man is walking! Why didn't you tell me? Well, he is certainly getting bigger. Dottie is so beeauuutiful!

Helynne said...

Congratulations to Joey for his big second-place win at the conducting contest in Boulder! And we're so excited to see Elliot walking. Now, he'll be even harder to chase (and he could really travel FAST even when he was just crawling). Keep the videos coming.
Lots of love,
Grandma and Grandpa Hansen

The Short Family said...

Congrats Elliot! He is too cute. We did the same bribing with the cell phone with Jack when we were trying to get him to walk. Works like a charm! Dottie is too cute as well. Oh and Congrats to Joe as well!

Unknown said...

Oh wow! He is too cute! AND I love Dottie's red dress. It makes her cheeks look so rosy. Tell Joe congrats from the Snydes.