Friday, September 04, 2009

Dottie's first day of school!

I enrolled Dottie in K-4 in the school district here. It's free, 2.5 hours a day, and she needs the social outlet. It's been really nice to have only one kid for this amount of time every day. So far, she seems very well-adjusted. It's hard to get a lot out of a four-year-old, but this is the data I've gathered on her experience: She plays with little girls named Gracie and Jocelyn, her favorite thing about school is snack time, she likes to play with the castle, and she sings at school. That's about all I know so far.




This is Dottie at the school . . .


Dottie and her teacher . . .


In her new outfit . . .

And her outfit on the second day (which we really count as the first day, since the first day was just orientation).

And this picture has nothing to do with this post. It was taken on Sunday. Amanda came for a visit, and she gave her panda stickers from Japan. If you look closely, you'll see that Dottie's fingers are covered in panda stickers.

7 comments:

Jared said...

Aww... So cuuuute!! I wish that I could spy on Dottie at school, because I bet she says/does some pretty funny things.

Unknown said...

Holy moly! I wish we had something like that for Liam. He would LOVE it. I guess will just have to wait a year. Hey, is it a kindergarten? or a pre-k thing? Interesting. You know, for Oregon being such a big govt state, we don't have anything like that. :(

Joe said...

Miss that beautiful little girl! Glad she's doing well in school. Love you all!

Carolyn said...

Dottie is adorable! I bet she has a blast at school. I wish I had those clothes! tooo cute!

Amanda+Jonathan said...

Oh Dottie...

Michelle said...

school??? she can't even be ready for pre-k yet!!

Roberta said...

Got to love all those photos! Glad she's loving being in Mrs. Webster's class! Hugs!